Newfoundland Knits for Little Ones
Inspired by an island culture, designed for children
Not long ago, knitwear made up a large proportion of daily wear Newfoundland and Labrador―including how we dressed children for the cold North Atlantic weather.
Newfoundland Knits for Little Ones is a tribute to that knitting tradition. Inspired by garments and styles of the past, these patterns take a modern approach to Newfoundland and Labrador knitting, creating beautiful and functional knits that today’s kids will love to wear. From cabled overalls to cozy sweaters, a whimsical pixie hat to a sweet eyelet dress, this collection is made for adventurous kids and busy days.
Each of the 15 patterns in this collection incorporates traditional elements in a contemporary style with the needs of babies, toddlers, and children at heart. Adult sizing is included for mittens, slippers, and hats, so the whole family can stay cute and cozy together.
This book includes:
- 15 detailed patterns with charts, written descriptions, proposed sizing, and suggested yarns.
- Upsizing mittens, slippers, and hats patterns for adults.
- 60 full-colour photos, including kids at play in their knitwear.
- Tips to keep in mind when knitting for babies and children.
- A special techniques section to ensure knitting success.